Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wyckked Thoughts - random - very random

The Late Great…

Well, on the tellie last night I heard somebody label someone who has recently died as the “Late” Mrs. So-and-So. This is another one of those words/phrases that sounds like nails down a chalkboard to me, yup another one, lol. Why do people consider a deceased person late? Do they expect the recently deceased to keep that appointment they had for whatever? Well sweeties, I don’t know about you, but this is one time I am not waiting around for Auntie This-Or-That or Uncle Who-Ever because she/he is now really “late” …I have things to do, lol and hopefully for quite a long while. They are not late…they are DEAD! Deceased! Finished!(at least physically anyhoo). This must send a really mixed message to young children. I can see little Suzie or Johnny at the funeral home after everyone has gone and mommy says “Honey, its time to go” and Suzie/Johnny says “Mommy, no, we have to wait for Auntie So-And-So, she’s on her way, just late that’s all!” POOR KID, lol. All I know is if Auntie or Uncle really is “late” then I am definitely NOT going to be the one who keeps feeding their parking meter until they get back! Not me…not in a million years! LOL! Just Saying….

2 comments: