Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wyckked Thoughts - random - very random

My Worst Enemy

Yesterday I was talking to a friend and found myself uttering a phrase that I know I must have said hundreds of times before. For some reason I actually really listened to the words of the very phrase I just spoke. This phrase is definitely going on my “Stupidest Phrases I Have Ever Said” list. It’s quite a long list by the way. What I found myself saying was “I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy.” It just kind of grated my nerves as the words were coming out of my mouth because, in all actuality…. Hell Yeah I’d wish it on my worst enemy!! Why would I want for my worst enemy to have any more good fortune than myself? After all they are my WORST ENEMY. I would like to meet the person who started this phrase and ask them if they really, truly thought this one through. Why do we say this anyhow? Perhaps to climb some ladder to moral stardom in our own minds? Or to make others think that we are altruistic, bleeding heart martyrs whose unselfish well wishing transcends the utmost level of spiritual awareness? Personally I think this last one is horse-hockee. I don’t know about you but I was put on this beautiful planet by the universe as a mere human, with little ‘ol human DNA and a little ‘ol human way of thinking. After all I am only human(possibly another stupid phrase for the list, LOL) just like every other human. No better or less than another mere human. Why pretend to be saintly in someone else’s eyes if what I say is not what I mean? Wouldn’t that make me a hypocrite? Fake? And that’s not what I am or will be, especially to myself or anyone else for that matter. So the next time some crappy crap happens in my life hell yeah I will wish it on my worst enemy…because that bitch deserves it too, if not more, than me, just sayin’…..

No comments:

Post a Comment