Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Wyckked Household: All natural household cleaning recipes

Silver Tarnish Remover

Ingredients:

 
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon baking soda
6 cups of warm water
1 sheet aluminum foil


Instructions:

 
Line a large bowl with aluminum foil (this is not to protect the bowl; it is part of the recipe.) Mix salt and soda with warm water in the bowl. Place silver items in mixture and soak for one hour. Dry and buff with a soft cloth.

* I actually tested this recipe yesterday and I must say that it works pretty freakin good. I noticed right away after I put in my silver pieces that the chemical reaction started taking place immediately and it puts off a little odor…but it really works. I did have to do the process twice but the small chalice and various rings I cleaned were quite tarnished. So all in all this wyckked witch gives this recipe a rating of Two-Pointy-Hats Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment